New Cabin Air Filters in Carson, CA
Cabin air filters are designed to remove impurities in the air before it reaches the passenger compartment of your Nissan vehicle when you turn on the air conditioner or heater. The filters are typically made using a multi-fiber material like paper cotton that is folded into pleats. As impurities try to pass through the filter when the air handling system is turned on, they collect and build up in the pleated folds. This helps to reduce the amount of pollen, dust, bacteria, and other impurities in the air in Carson, California, from entering your vehicle. The cabin filters need to be inspected at least annually to make sure they are clean enough to work properly. Failing to replace clogged filters will negatively affect the performance of the air handling system.
How to Tell When an Air Filter is Getting Clogged
There are several signs that will let you know it is time to bring your vehicle into Carson Nissan in Carson, CA, to have it inspected and replaced. Among the issues that will develop over time with a bad cabin air filter are:
- The amount of fresh air circulating in your car will be reduced and it will start to feel stuffy.
- The heater and air conditioner’s performance will start to drop off and not work properly.
- You will often start to get a musty odor in the passenger compartment due to the decrease in air circulation and a buildup of moisture. Proper air circulation helps to dry out the passenger compartment to keep the moisture from building up inside it.
- A whistling sound can start to develop in the air duct system as air struggles to pass through the filter.
These symptoms can develop alone or in conjunction with each other. If you notice any of them, it is time to get to Carson Nissan.
Carson Nissan employs certified technicians using genuine OEM parts to work on your Nissan in its state-of-the-art facility. You can use our online service scheduling system to make an appointment or take advantage of our express service for people on the go. We also have Saturday hours for those who have to work during the week. Our waiting room has a complimentary beverage and coffee bar, vending machines, newspapers, magazines, and a child’s play area so you can bring the kids while we get your filter inspected and replaced. We offer a complimentary multi-point inspection to make sure other parts are working well on your Nissan, too. Carson Nissan serves Nissan owners from Torrance, Long Beach, Lakewood, and Gardena, in addition to Carson, CA.
Carson Nissan Dealership Amenities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Multi-Point Inspection
- Rental Cars Available
- Courtesy Transportation Shuttle
- Children’s Play Area
- Business Workstations
- Performance & Customization Department
- Certified Technicians
- Genuine OEM Parts
- Express Service Department
- Comfortable Waiting Area
- State-of-the-Art Facility